MAS Inmate Medical Cost Containment Program
MAS has partnered with a Mississippi-domiciled Third Party Administrator (TPA) to provide inmate medical/RX savings as well as competent and efficient claims administration to MAS member counties. These claims auditors each have over 10 years of experience in claims administration.
- This program provides the following services:
- Evaluation of medical service codes and appropriate Medicaid repricing for claims payment
- Proper coordination of benefits by intercepting Medicare eligibility (age, disability, renal failure, etc.) applicable private insurance, etc.
- Pre-certification of necessary services for non-emergency medical admissions
- Efficient claims processing and turnaround time between billing and provider payment
- Monthly, quarterly, and annual reports to the county detailing total billed charges disallowed charges, charges paid, and total savings for the county
- TPA fee based solely on savings found!