County supervisors are automatically MAS Active Members immediately upon being sworn into office. MAS offers additional membership options for various county officials, associations and vendors as outlined below. Each membership category has its own benefits and dues structure. Only MAS Active Members (county supervisors) are eligible to vote in MAS elections, hold office or serve on MAS committees.
Associate Membership (County officials)
Who should join?
MAS Associate Membership is open to duly elected or appointed and serving county officials, including chancery clerks, board attorneys, county administrators, county engineers, county road managers, circuit clerks, tax assessors and collectors. County officials who attend MAS conferences are encouraged to join. Associate Members are not eligible to vote in MAS elections, hold office or serve on committees.
- Register at Member rate at all MAS conferences
- Free subscription to Mississippi Supervisor magazine
- Free copy of 2016 Directory of County Officials
- Consideration of publication of pertinent and timely articles
MAS Associate Membership dues are $100 annually.
Download your Associate Member application and return to Stephanie Spangler.
Affiliate Member (Associations)
Who should join?
MAS Affiliate Membership is open to the statewide associations whose membership consists primarily of county employees or officials (i.e., county officials’ associations, planning and development districts). Any association whose members are a part of or have a bona fide interest in county government will benefit from becoming an Affiliate Member. Affiliate Members are not eligible to vote in MAS elections, hold office or serve on committees.
The MAS Board identified two distinct categories for Affiliate Membership.
Tier I consists of those groups/associations who meet Affiliate Membership criteria but do not meet during MAS-sponsored events.
Tier II consists of those groups/associations who meet Affiliate Membership criteria and who hold association/group meetings during MAS-sponsored events.*
* Beginning in January 2016, MAS will only coordinate meeting space during MAS conferences for Tier II Affiliate Members.
In exchange for payment of annual dues, Affiliate Members receive the following benefits:
- Listing on MAS website, including contact information, officers and other pertinent data, with optional link to Affiliate Member's website. See http://www.mssupervisors.org/affiliate-member
- Listing in the Affiliate Member Directory in each quarterly issue of the Mississippi Supervisor
- Consideration of pertinent and timely articles for MAS publications
- Complimentary room rental and setup (including audio/visual fees) for meetings held during MAS conferences (Tier II only)
Annual dues for Tier I and Tier II Affiliate Membership are set out below.
Tier I: Groups/Associations not holding meetings at MAS-sponsored events - $500
Tier II: Groups/Associations holding meetings during MAS-sponsored events - $2,500
Download your Affiliate Member application and return to Stephanie Spangler.
Affiliate Partnership (vendors)
Who should join?
MAS Affiliate Partnership is open to any individual, corporation, organization or state agency with a bona fide interest in county government. Corporations, individuals and government agencies doing business with county governments will benefit from becoming an Affiliate Partner. Affiliate Partners are not eligible to vote in MAS elections, hold office or serve on committees.
What do I get for joining?
MAS is constantly striving for ways to improve the Affiliate Partnership program. We have added a few new benefits for 2017 (highlighted below). Look for more improvements as the program develops. With paid annual dues of $600, MAS Affiliate Partners are eligible for the following benefts.
Click here for a downloadable version.
- NEW for 2017! 10% discount on purchase of exhibit space at Annual Convention
- Priority exhibit booth location at Annual Convention
- Registration at Member rate for conferences
- Select sponsorship opportunities at MAS conferences and other events
- NEW for 2017! Affiliate Partner Spotlight on MAS website home page (coming soon)
- Affiliate Partner Directory on website (http://www.mssupervisors.org/affiliate-partner)
- Affiliate Partner Directory in Mississippi Supervisor
- Advertise in Mississippi Supervisor (must be an Affiliate Partner to purchase ad space)
- Submit articles for publication consideration in Mississippi Supervisor
- Electronic mailing list of all county supervisors (Excel spreadsheet)
- Free subscription to Mississippi Supervisor
- Free copy of the 2016-2020 Directory of County Officials
How do I join?
Interested parties should submit an Affiliate Partner application, along with payment of $600 annual dues. Once approved by the MAS Board of Directors, Affiliate Partners are eligible for all Partnership benefits.
Contact Stephanie Spangler, MAS Director of Member Services, at email@example.com or by phone at 601.353.2741.