With the continuing COVID-19 pandemic, the Mississippi Association of Supervisors (“MAS”) has cancelled its traditional Fall Educational Workshop and Fall Regional/PDD Tour. In lieu of these meetings, MAS will host 4 (four) educational webinars to provide county supervisors and other county officials an opportunity to discuss MAS’ agenda for the 2021 legislative session and earn credit for the MAS Institute for Excellence in County Government (MAS education program). Links to view webinars on Zoom will be sent after MAS receives your registration form. Invoices will be sent at the conclusion of each webinar.
Education Classes and Credits Offered are Listed Below:
- Forms and Functions of County Government – Sumner Davis, MSU Extension – 1 Core Credit on Thursday, October 22 at 10:00 a.m. - 11:00 a.m. via Zoom
- Overview of County Purchase Laws – Tom Chain, State Auditor’s Office – 1 Core Credit on Thursday, October 29 at 10:00 a.m. - 11:00 a.m. via Zoom
- Update on State Aid: Roads and Bridges – Harry Lee James, Office of State Aid – 1 Core Credit on Thursday, November 12 at 10:00 a.m. - 11:00 a.m. via Zoom
- Forecasting 2021 Legislative Session – Steve Gray, MAS – 1 Elective Credit on Tuesday, December 8 at 10:00 a.m. - 11:00 a.m. via Zoom
- Registration Fees: $20 per member/$25 per non-member for each education webinar.
How to Use Zoom Link:
- Open the zoom link found in registration confirmation email (will be sent after registering)
- Select “Join from your browser”
- Enter Your name